Periodontal disease can feel intimidating. The thought of having to go to the dentist more than twice a year makes many Americans cringe! The good news is that treatments have gotten so much better and easier with new technology. With the Perio Tray® from our team at Perio Protect, you’ll be able to manage your gum disease better than ever before!
Periodontal Disease Symptoms
Common symptoms of gum disease include the following:
● Blood - After brushing or flossing, bleeding gums can be a common sign of gum disease.
● Receding gums- Do your teeth look longer than they used to? This usually is due to gums recession, which is another sign of gum disease.
● Bacteria - Visible plaque, tartar or calculus are all caused by bacteria that build up in your mouth and lead to disease.
● Space - If space is developing between your teeth, gum disease may be the cause.
● Sensitivity - Sensitive teeth and gums often swell, feel tender, or turn red and are signs of gum disease.
● Bad Breath - Constant bad breath is often a red flag pointing to gum disease.
● Loose Teeth - The breakdown of gums because of gum disease can lead to bone loss and loosen your teeth over time.
At Home Periodontal Disease Help
If you are experiencing these symptoms, visit your dentist who will create a comprehensive treatment plan. Good home care is also essential to keep gum disease under control. Be sure to ask your dentist about the Perio Tray®. This comfortable tray that only needs to be worn for 10-15 minutes per day is a great at-home therapy option between dental office visits. Combining this tray with in-office gum disease therapy can provide long term results. The Perio Tray® gets medication deep between the teeth and gums to address infectious bacteria.
Don’t fear or ignore these periodontal disease symptoms. It may not hurt yet, but it doesn’t go away. Contact your dentist and team up with our staff at Perio Protect. With your regular dental therapy and the use of The Perio Tray®, you can better manage this disease so that you can live a longer, healthier life. Give us a call today at 1-877-434-GUMS (4867) to learn more!