Live Continuing Education Course
The live seminar is the most thorough educational presentation conducted in a lecture format with interactive exchanges, and question-and-answer periods. Seminars begin at 8:00 am and end at 12:00 pm. This provider is authorized to confer 4 continuing education units through the AGD or 4 units of California continuing education credit for this seminar. After completing the seminar you should:
- Understand the formation of oral biofilms and host responses to them.
- Understand benefits and limitations of antimicrobial and mechanical therapies for biofilm management.
- Learn how and why antimicrobials with oxidative/reduction reactions may help manage biofilms.
- Learn how to incorporate antibiofilm therapies into existing treatment plans.
- Understand when infected cells must be treated with surgery.
- Be able to help patients augment homecare regimes to manage periopathogens.
- Understand better the relationships between periodontal disease, systemic inflammation and illness.
For additional details or a seminar near you, please click here. If you cannot attend a seminar, please consider live webinar or an online self-study continuing education course.
Live Continuing Education Webinar
The live webinar offers a condensed version of the scientific content included in the continuing education seminar (above) and omits the useful interactive exchanges and extensive case studies. Questions posted during the presentation are answered by the instructor at the end of the webinar.
This provider is authorized to confer 3 continuing education units through the AGD or 3 units of California continuing education credit for the completion of this course.
Online Self Study Continuing Education Course
The self-study continuing education course includes an interactive digital presentation and a full color text that provides additional materials for reference and further study. This provider is authorized to confer 4 continuing education units through the AGD or 4 units of California continuing education credit for the completion of this course.